Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Are gravel paths ok for hedgehogs? Reply To: Are gravel paths ok for hedgehogs?

Hi
My garden is partly gravel (10mm pea gravel) not compacted. There are large garden beds/trees planted also. The hedgehogs never have any trouble on the gravel surfaces (albeit smaller stones than you are planning.) They seem oblivious to the harder surface, I have seen them in ‘fast’ mode sprinting across the surface. I have many garden visitors but maybe North Yorkshire hedgehogs have tough feet? 🙂

Hedgehog