Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Fussy Eaters Reply To: Fussy Eaters

Hi Godiva57

My visitors can be quite fussy too. The first brand of hog biscuits I offered was always left uneaten but, like yours, they do like the Riverside ones. Their first preference however is the meat-based dog food which I put out alongside the biscuits. They always eat the meat first.

My sister also has hogs visit her garden. For the first few months they refused the dog meat but ate the hog biscuits (the brand mine turned their noses up at). Now she reports they are eating both the meat and the biscuits. She had also offered them spike’s semi-moist which went down a treat at first, but is now usually left uneaten – maybe the hog which liked it has moved on or changed its tastes!

Hedgehog