Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales keeping rats away from the feeding station Reply To: keeping rats away from the feeding station

Nic

Hi Stedwomas

Yes, hogs can squeeze through surprisingly small holes! I hope the hog who got in was none the worse for the experience. I also hope the 20ft run is still working. I have found that some rats seem nervous of, i.e. ‘furniture’ being moved around, but others are bolder. So frustrating when the hogs are needing food in the run up to hibernation. But, just be aware that hogs are much better climbers than they are often given credit for.

Perhaps the cats need a good talking to that they are supposed to keep the rats away completely!

Hedgehog