Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Still have a hardy soul visiting. Reply To: Still have a hardy soul visiting.

I haven’t seen any of the local visitors since the first half of October. I think most of them were males so may have all hibernated a bit earlier. I keep putting some dry food in the feeding box just in case and occasionally set the trailcam but only a mouse (and slugs) over the last couple of months. Last winter, I had to get the feeder out in mid-January after I saw a hedghog on the lawn one evening. It was a very good weight and after that date the trailcam recorded footage of hog(s) in the feeder every night right through from January to October. So this winter have decided to keep putting a small amount out, plus water, just in case.

Hedgehog