Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Best Kitten Biscuits?! Reply To: Best Kitten Biscuits?!

Nic

Hi Alison

I don’t know whether the ‘added milk’ in Go Cat Kitten Biscuits is significant in relation to hogs. Maybe it’s something to ask BHPS about. It may depend on exactly what they mean by added milk – whether it contains lactose, etc.

But if you ask for recommendations of kitten biscuit makes, it’s quite likely you could end up with as many makes recommended as replies you get! But hogs are notorious for not, at first, taking to a different brand of food, although they will usually eat it in the end if you stick to it and they’re hungry.

Re. calci-worms, the jury is still out, so I think they are best avoided until or if there is any research on the matter. Ironically it could be that they have too much calcium in them, which can also be bad. But also it isn’t a good idea to offer hogs single foods types like that. It’s better to give them a mix, i.e. cat/dog/meaty hog food or cat/kitten biscuits.

I would stick to trying to use the kitten biscuits you have. Now being so soon after hibernation, for most of them, is a good time if you want to try a different brand as they shouldn’t have got too used to the other type yet this season.

Good luck and happy hog watching.

Hedgehog