Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog Neighbours Reply To: Hedgehog Neighbours

Hi Nic,

I’ve just been out putting up a poster outside the local primary school, it’s a shame that they’re now on holiday for two weeks. Great news about your hog friendly neighbour. Believe it or not, I am not great at making conversation with strangers, but I can talk about hedgehogs for hours!

Well, all hell broke loose here on the patio on Saturday night. This was the worst fight by far caught on camera. It was truly shocking and who was at the heart of it – yep you’ve guessed it – the old boy Simba! As I have said before, most hogs when confronted by Simba either run for cover, or roll into a ball and allow themselves to rolled unceremoniously around the patio, but this was different. Simba tried to drag the other hog out of the terracotta hedgehog house and it was having none of it. They locked jaws and violently threw each other around for almost twenty minutes. What makes matters worse, is that I’m not even sure that the other party was a male, but I do know that it wasn’t the ‘gentle giant’. I’m half tempted to put a video together, as an insight into what they really get up to, but I don’t want to shatter their cute and cuddly image! Thankfully there was no blood spilt on the patio, so hopefully they’re both ok.

Hedgehog