Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Invisible hogs Reply To: Invisible hogs

Nic

Hi Nina, Penny,

As Penny says, not all the hogs visit every night. But I think some of them are very good at avoiding being caught on camera. I often find that hogs I have seen in real time have not appeared on the camera, sometimes even when they have been there for quite a while.

The boss hog here did turn up last night, but I hadn’t seen him for a couple of days. Interestingly he let someone else eat from the next door bowl! In the end they both ran off at the same time in different directions. Very civilized!

I saw one of the cats here the other night. He walked right past the bowls of food. There had been a mouse there just before, so perhaps he was after that. I did find him on the camera the next morning down the path washing his face, as if he had just eaten something – maybe an ex-mouse?

Have just realised you can now see the previous messages, not only the last one. That is good – I often used to want to check a previous message in the middle of my reply.

Looking forward to the girls coming back – hopefully not too long now. Hope they have all survived ok. I find that the girls are more regular visitors than the boys, so I have got to know them better.

Hedgehog