Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings They like playing with their food bowl cover Reply To: They like playing with their food bowl cover

Nic

Hi Jan

There are one or two hogs still visiting, but not two of the girls who are usually ‘regulars’. Hopefully it is hoglet related – a bit early still – but maybe. Always a bit of a worry. One girl went missing last year and never reappeared.

The hogs can be amazingly resourceful getting into places! But that is the problem with the traps which the Petition was about. It is difficult to see how anyone could devise a means of keeping them out whilst still allowing access to rats.

I have two hog houses, which are just used for visitors to the feeding area. They often go in for a nap and then come out and have another chomp. More often in earlier Spring and in the Autumn. I also like to think that they can use them as refuge if, as has happened in the past, a dog gets into my garden.

Glad to hear Ralph is keeping you entertained. Have you decided he is definitely a Ralph or might he still be Ralphina!?

Hedgehog