Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Would like to hear from other hedgehog champions! Reply To: Would like to hear from other hedgehog champions!

Nic

Hi JollyP

The reason I asked is because they often do look as if they are being rather grumpy leading up to a courtship dance – jiggling on their legs and huffing, for all the world as if they were totally outraged. They sometimes even biff the male in the side, almost as if to say, I am here – pay me some attention! I have two visitors here who were overwintered at the local wildlife hospital. They, too indulge in a bit of huffing, etc. when boys are around. I have seen them both doing the courtship dance with the males, but a lot of the boys just don’t take any notice. I think they may still be a bit young to breed, and perhaps the older boys realise that so don’t waste their energy.

I too am hoping the hedgehog population is about to, or has already, increased. One of the regular girl visitors has just returned after a two week absence and another has gone missing.

Hedgehog