Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Lots of hogs last year – now no sightings Reply To: Lots of hogs last year – now no sightings

ADV

I also failed to spot any hogs in the garden until a few weeks ago but put food and water out every night (in a hog feeding station made from an old plastic box) and checked the lawn every morning. Although I hadn’t managed to spot any there was always scat, so don’t assume that they aren’t there just because you fail to spot them, they have all the hours of darkness to visit and very few of us sit up all night watching. I have recently spotted several visiting and just released Four (3 boys and a girl), from the local Prickly Friends rehab, all of them have returned to feed over the last couple of nights. In addition to the cat food in the station, I also scatter liberal amounts of cat biscuits (from a well known German supermarket) in the bushes and undergrowth and love to sit in the dark drinking tea and listening to the “crunch crunch” eminating from several corners of the garden!

Hedgehog