Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Poop in the house Reply To: Poop in the house

Hi Nic, thanks so much for your reply.

Was there bedding in the box, or was it empty (apart from the hog)?
It had hay in it (bought from Ark wildlife along with the “royal hedgehog house”)
If there was bedding in there, did the hog take it in itself?
I put it in there when I put the box down.
Was the hog in there during the day or after dark?
According to our trail cam he had been in all night, and he was there during the day
Did it just go in for a nap, or has it taken up residence, etc.
Not sure, one seems to be there most nights but not every night as far as I can tell. Also can’t be 100% if it’s the same hog or not.

I think to be ultra cautious I’ll leave it. As you say it can’t mind that much if it’s gone in, and no one’s cleaning up in the wild. As long as it’s not dangerous to leave it, I’m happy 🙂

Hedgehog