Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings hoglets in care Reply To: hoglets in care

Hi Deadloak,
Sorry to hear that you lost a hog this year. I, too, have lost one of the 7 I’ve taken to the carer over the past few weeks. I found this out the other day when I took number 8 (which was, again, only 250g).
When I rang the national number, they gave me the number to a wildlife sanctuary plus the number for 3 carers in my area. The wildlife place said they were full but would take any hogs that needed a place if I couldn’t get them in anywhere else. When I rang the carer she also said that she was full but thought that this 8th one was probably related to the others I had taken so has placed him in with them.
it is a real shame that there’s no help available when the rescue centres etc are full, especially if, like me, you work different shifts and can’t manage the care routine they need to see them through.

Hedgehog