Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hedgehog Home Reply To: Hedgehog Home

Hi Hevver,
Having only just got really interested in our little visitors activity, I’m constantly on the lookout for them. They are still taking their food but not all of it is being eaten like before so I presume they must be ready for hibernation. I’m a bit concerned this hasn’t happened yet but seeing as it’s 12 degrees this morning I’m not surprised they’re confused.
I actually saw one first thing this morning in the entrance to the Hog House. It went very still and I started panicking. I ran into the house for my phone to call my husband but by the time I’d got back down the garden it had gone back in it’s nest and I could hear it getting nestled in the leaves inside. I am convinced I will end up a nervous wreak!
I will miss them when they do eventually go into hibernation but at least my nerves may get a rest until spring. Mind you, then I’ll be worrying if they’ve all survived the winter!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Take care.๐Ÿ‘

Hedgehog