Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Mutant Rampaging Hedgehogs! Reply To: Mutant Rampaging Hedgehogs!

Hi Nic,

Yes Happy New Year, I forgot to mention that in my last post, and on the 1st of January too… yet another senior moment!

No, I hadn’t read the piece about your cat problems…and I thought we had some pretty determined felines. So far, the feeding station mark 3 is holding firm and there have been no insurgents as of yet – only gastropods – the upturned hanging basket though to protect the wood mice is another matter. There is now a well worn furrow in the lawn where they have still been trying to dig their way in despite the new defences!

Sven has been having another strop; we are having some building work done so his bath was temporarily turned into brick dust sludge and has had to be relocated. On the plus side though, we have had to clear out a usually inaccessible part of the garden and have discovered another well trodden hedgehog access route through to next door. I have had my suspicions that there was one there, but could never get past the mountain of clutter to see. Our neighbour has also reported some sightings, so hopefully they will all be back soon.

Sounds like you could definitely do with a rest from trying to outwit the cats and the rats; I haven’t seen the cats that steal the food for a while now, so I am hoping that they will have forgotten about the free grub by the time that the hogs return…here’s hoping.

Hedgehog