Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Mutant Rampaging Hedgehogs! Reply To: Mutant Rampaging Hedgehogs!

Nic

Hi Penny

Have just seen the following on the BHPS Twitter. Maybe that is why Brenda came out of hibernation, so maybe not such bad timing.
https://twitter.com/HedgehogCabin/status/968518793973714944

I agree the sparrowhawk does look rather sinister. I’ve had one who plucked a poor unfortunate sparrow just outside my back door once, but not peering in through the window!

Numbers signing the petition right down again today, so far only 54 and no mention on BHPS twitter until quite a few down. I know they have other things to say, but if they seriously want to reach the 100,000 they need to keep it more prominent. It does seem to make quite a difference. I wonder if people just don’t bother to read past 2 or 3 entries. Just have to hope Hedgehog Awareness Week makes a difference, but that isn’t until 6th-12th May and the Petition closes 1st June. Meanwhile the other petition is catching up, but I don’t think they are getting enough signatures either – so sad if neither of them make it. I don’t understand it – I thought everyone loved hedgehogs.

I think hoglet is beginning to have shared allegiances already. Last night I didn’t see him on any of the cams until after 1.00 and he left quite a lot of his food. Or maybe he just wasn’t keen on venturing out into the cold. The poor birds have been puffing themselves out like pompoms, today. Two cats still braved the cold last night, though!

Hedgehog