Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Cat eating food Reply To: Cat eating food

Nic

Hi Nina

Nice to see you back on the Forum, I was wondering where you had go to!

There is just one thing I would add re. Penny’s box. Don’t be tempted to make the entrances any bigger, even though they seem quite small. My box is similar inside, but has two corridors near the entrance, one only 10cm wide and the cat still got in. The only difference is that the entrance on mine is a bit bigger. If all else fails, the half brick I put in the first corner seems to be deterring them so far.

I really like Penny’s idea of having two entrances, so that if something else should get in, there is an escape route.

Good luck.

Hedgehog