Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Mutant Rampaging Hedgehogs! Reply To: Mutant Rampaging Hedgehogs!

Nic

Hi Penny

That video is absolutely hilarious!

There has been a fair bit of bad behaviour here too. The first night one of the returners was here, he hurtled into poor hoglet, who had been walking down the path, not even considering there might actually be other hogs in ‘his’ terrain. Hoglet didn’t realise he was supposed to roll up, either, and resisted for quite a while. Hoglet is actually quite big now – I really must give him a proper name!

Then the other night one of the hogs was unceremoniously ejected from one of the hog houses, complete with a layer of leaves.

The only unfortunate thing is that it is going to be difficult encouraging them to turn up earlier because hoglet has got used to having his food available all night. He has got used to kitten biscuits, which rats aren’t so keen on, I don’t think, but the other hogs prefer hog food. It will probably work itself out when the weather gets a bit warmer and there is more wild food around.

I was worried about the boys, too. They were much later returning than last year. Now just have the wait for a few weeks until the females return too – I hope. I was worried about some of them as they disappeared a bit too early for hibernation, but maybe it was just because any hoglets they had, had ‘left home’ already.

Hedgehog