Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Make Hedgehogs an Offcially Protected Species Reply To: Make Hedgehogs an Offcially Protected Species

Nic

Hi Hogmeister

That Petition has been publicised on Hedgehog Street before, but the problem is, it should never have been started until after the other one was finished, because they compete with each other. I originally thought that people would just sign both, but that is not what happened. I have been keeping a note of how both are faring and the people signing the make hedgehogs a protected species, were not the same people that signed the A24 trap Petition, as was clearly shown from the maps.

The petition re. the A24 trap has a more limited time left. Therefore, I, personally, decided that it was better to push the one that’s going to run out first (re. the A24 trap which has only roughly 2 more months to run) and then there are approximately 2 months after to try to publicise the other one.

It is vitally important for the nation’s hedgehogs that the petition re. the A24 Trap succeeds. This trap could have serious implications for our hedgehogs so I hope everyone signs this petition. https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/206274
It would be a tragedy if neither petition eventually succeeds because of the existence of the other one.

Hedgehog