Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN! Reply To: NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN!

Nic

Hi Penny and Hogmeister

Yes, the 38degree petition has been doing very well. I am not really surprised. I have always thought that if people knew about the gov one they would sign, because so many people love hedgehogs, it was just a matter of getting the information out and in a way that people notice. Everyone is bombarded with so much information these days. Also the 38 deg. petition was able to include much more information and so make it much more easily understandable. I had hoped something similar would happen with the gov one. It did increase by 958 yesterday, which is not enough (on 1.4. I worked out it needed an average of 1254 every day to reach the 100,000 in time and it hasn’t reached that amount since) but better than it has been. I know BHPS were going to contact their members sometime in the Spring and wonder if that’s why it picked up a bit yesterday.

I think, though, the fact that a petition about the same thing has had so many signatures, has got to carry weight about debating the matter in parliament, so fingers crossed. Had you been in contact with BHPS about it Penny? It would be really interesting to know if there was already a connection with them. If not I would be happy to, but didn’t want to waste their time – being asked twice unnecessarily.

Hedgehog