Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN! Reply To: NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN!

Nic

Hi Penny and Hogmeister

BHPS do know about the 38 Degrees Petition (started by a BHPS member who apparently didn’t know about the gov. petition!!), They have already been in contact with 38 Degrees and, sadly, they can’t link the petitions or promote the gov. one. (Getting a bit confusing with all these petitions!)

I tried contacting the BBC when the A24 trap petition was going last year, but nothing came of it. As you say, hopefully with the weight of numbers now, they might show more interest. Also hedgehogs seem to have become a bit topical of late. Did you see the pieces about hedgehogs on Countryfile? Also Fay from BHPS was on radio 5 live re. the new hedgehog road signs.

We all need to write to our MPs again so that they will, hopefully, be on the side of the hedgehogs in any debate, and also DEFRA again. From my experience last year, the first letter back from an MP is likely to be pretty standard blurb, similar to DEFRAs, so we really all need to write again to counter all DEFRAs original comments. I seem to remember writing 3 to my MP in the end last time, but will have to make contact again, I think, to bring it back into focus.

I think we still need to keep working really hard to try to reach the 100,000 for the gov. petition. The other petition just shows what can be done.

Hedgehog