Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN! Reply To: NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN!

Hi Nic, Hogmeister,

I’m not quite sure how the comment section works on the 38 Degrees website, but all I got was a quick flash of the text box and before I could reach for the keyboard it was replaced with the donation page! Which brings me to another point; a substantial amount of any money raised by 38 Degrees is spent on high profile campaigns – ads in newspapers, organising demonstrations etc – with so many people signing their A24 trap petition in such a short time, I am sure that they could be persuaded to take up the cause, just like they did with protecting our bees…I for one would be happy to stand outside the Houses of Parliament dressed in a hedgehog costume, if that’s what it takes!

If anyone was wondering what 38 Degrees stands for, here is a quote from their website:

‘38 degrees is the angle at which a pile of snowflakes becomes an avalanche. When enough gather in the right place, they become an unstoppable force.’

Like you say, if we all keep up the momentum I am sure that we can get there. I had almost given up hope of an official Department for Transport hedgehog road crossing sign, but thanks to public pressure and hedgehog champion MP Chris Grayling, we are now going to get one.

I also think that one of the reasons for their petitions huge success is the photo of that adorable hedgehog.

Hedgehog