Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings first hog of 2018 Reply To: first hog of 2018

Hi all,
I have been prowling the garden every night and I have definitely got 2 hogs on the hunt for food ( which is vanishing at a rapid rate now, I think they’re more awake). I checked one of the hog houses (by my back door) and there’s a little hog in the cardboard box in there. I’m hooing that it’s still alive and has now decided to make a nest for hoglet time. I don’t want to disturb it too much as I would like it to stay. Hoping it hasn’t managed to survive the winter and then died, that wouldnt be good. Still no news from the carer as to when I will get the 6 back from her so will be giving her a ring later in the week. When I do get them back I hope they stick around. They might eat me out of house and home but it’s worth it!

Hedgehog