Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN! Reply To: NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN!

Nic

Hi Jan-Marie and Penny

Good work, both. But I agree it needs some of the youngsters to get going on social media and a film sounds a brilliant idea. Some of yours are quite funny, Penny, maybe you could adapt one? What I don’t understand is why the thunderclap didn’t have more effect – it certainly seemed to have many more than the target number supporting it, and had some big names/organisations involved, but didn’t produce as many signatures as I hoped.

I think you will find that Hugh Warwick already knows all about the trap – he has been quoted in media articles about it and also quoted at the beginning of the 38 degrees petition. Not sure about Hugh F-W. But I think BHPS have various celebrity contacts. It is unfortunate that some of the ‘celebrities’ who supported this petition first time round seem to have been concentrating on the other one. Whilst it would be really good if hedgehogs got more protection in general (and when the time’s up for this one, I will happily push to get for votes for that), splitting the vote doesn’t do anyone or anyhog any good.

I think the fact that we are beginning to get diverted onto building problems (and the almost non-existent starter homes I see amongst all these posh new houses, makes me really angry, too) illustrates the problems that the people working in the charities have. There is always another important thing that needs attention and If you are pulled in too many directions you can’t devote as much time to one thing.

I would encourage everyone to put all their energies into this petition for the remaining 6 or 7 weeks. There really isn’t much time left.

The good news is the petition has gone over 30,000 today.

Hedgehog