Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings first hog of 2018 Reply To: first hog of 2018

My 3 have all appeared one by one for the first time over the last month. Last few nights has been the first time I have spotted all 3 together. 2 of them making helluva noise last night! So pleased / proud they made it through a harsh winter. Fed them pretty well last Autumn mind you.

Not one of them used the hedgehog house I put out (my first year) but I think that although it looked inviting it was not in the quietest part of the garden and not fully covered. Have moved it now to the bottom of the garden, tucked deep inside a huge bush. Very sheltered / quiet /cosy. Caught them on camera many times last year popping in and out of the house, but none of them obviously fancied it as their winter residency. However main thing is they all made it!

Hedgehog