Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings First Hog Sighting of the Year Reply To: First Hog Sighting of the Year

Hi Dottie (19uk),

Glad your hogs have returned this year that is great news.

I hadn’t seen a hog in my garden for years then I had 2 turn up in April 2015 but they disappeared by the end of August, far too early, so I thought thats that and it was fun while it lasted.

Pleased to say they returned in force in 2016 and I even had 2 hoglets (first time I have ever seen one) and again in 2017 but I never take it for granted they will return so I always brace myself for possible no shows.

However 2018 has started well (seen 3 hogs already) albeit they were later appearing so I was getting a bit concerned but all good now.

Hedgehog