Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN! Reply To: NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN!

Hi Penny and Jan-Marie,

Great work both and we need all avenues open to get the message out there to people about these awful traps and get them to sign the petition.

I have used our local on line community forum to put a post about these traps and asking people to sign the petition and it has now had almost 400 views in just over 2 weeks. This may not sound a lot but most posts typically only have between 50 & 100 views so it does show the interest in our hogs. How many people have actually signed the petition as a result these is no way of knowing but what I can say is we now have 27 more signatures in our consituency in the same time period so I like to think some hopefully have.

Hi Nic,

I had a look in to this ‘thunderclap’ business as this is all new to me. If I’m reading things correctly it seems it reached over 2 million social media users so, like you, its hard to understand why there wasn’t a better response to the campaign. Again, if I’m understanidng things correctly, it did get almost 1,300 signatures but not a great conversion rate.

With hedghog awareness week coming up soon I wonder if they could give it another go as part of raising the profile of hogs?

Anyway I see we are now closing in on 31,000 signatures but still a long way to go so everyone please keep signing.

I also see that we have added quite a few new hog champs as well recently which is great so welcome one and all and thank you for supporting our prickly friends,

Hedgehog