Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN! Reply To: NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN!

Nic

Hi Hogmeister

I don’t really understand all the social media stuff either, but from what I could make out, the message was put on the twitter, or whatever, pages of the ‘supporters’ and the social reach is the number of people added together which each of those supporters have ‘following’ their various accounts. So I suppose if they didn’t happen to look at those places about that time they wouldn’t have seen it. It does seem strange, though that there were so few people who didn’t out of that many. I don’t know whether they’re planning on doing another thunderclap, or not.

I tried seeing if someone in our local hospital would put a poster up in their staff room, but apparently they didn’t have the appropriate facilities and the person declined to even take a leaflet for herself! Can’t win them all! Someone else in the hospital, more graciously, accepted one and showed interest. I do find that most people, if you explain the situation to them, are sympathetic.

The good news is that the 38 degrees petition had got to over 192,000 last time I looked, so should soon reach it’s target. That has surely got to have a big impact and maybe parliament will decide to debate the matter as a result of that – that would be good. We all, then, need to get writing to our MPs, as if it is ever debated in parliament, it will be them who will be influencing the outcome.

Hedgehog