Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN! Reply To: NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN!

Nic

Hi Jan-Marie

I had wondered that and whether BHPS would do something like that, but sometimes it is counter-productive as they all realise they have virtually the same letter. Also, last year, I found one wasn’t enough. The initial reply seems to be the standard information that DEFRA give, similar to the reply to the petition. I ended up writing 3 letters, as various things in each of the previous ones needed countering. Then came the general election anyway!

But background knowledge of the trap and the situation has got to help. The BHPS site is a good place to start for background information and there has been loads of information on here. I have thought of trying to collect some of it together in links, but not sure how practical that would be. The thing we also need to remember is that the trap distributors (who, if you have seen their website will know) have been working on their own PR re. hedgehogs and may well have been following some of the discussion on the forum. We only have peoplepower (as well as what is right) and really need to use it. One important thing to point out to our MPs is the number of other people in their constituency who have signed the Petition. You can find out this on https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/206274
by pressing ‘show on a map’ on the petition site.

Hedgehog