Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Unusual Behaviour? Reply To: Unusual Behaviour?

Nic

The trouble with that is that I’ve known Digger, as an adult since at least 2014 (she must have been born at the latest 2013) and she is pretty regular in her habits. The only time she isn’t is when she has hoglets and it’s much too early for that. If her disappearing wouldn’t be bad enough, she is the only one of the females I have seen this year. One was last seen in mid-August last year, another early in September and two others were overwintered (underweight autumn hoglets) in 2016/17 so this was their first hibernation. I haven’t seen any of them this year. Generations of hogs have been visiting here, so it would be really odd if they suddenly stopped if they were still around. But, I won’t give up hoping for the return of Digger just yet.

Not sure about the spiders, but some of the boys go to hibernate in September, so it may have been that.

Hedgehog