Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

25 Years

Home Forums Hedgehog tales 25 Years

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

This is the 25th year we’ve been lucky enough to have hedgehogs calling at our house. Sometimes we’ve had two, but most times it is only one. They eat the cat meat I put outside that our cat does not eat. This years hedgehog is by far the greediest and the cheekiest, he started calling just over a week ago, ate everything that was outside, and if I put another packet of catmeat out he ate that too. Last night the dish was empty so he stayed halfway down the drive until I filled the dish and then he came and devoured it all. I don’t know whether he/she is hungry or if they are stocking up after the long winter hibernation. Its a pleasure to see them every night about 11.30 -12.

I’m only on my 4th year after a long abscence of not seeing a hog so hope it continues.

One of the hogs visiiting my garden seems to employ simalar tactics to yours of late. It hoovers up what is on offer then, when it disappears, I top up the food for other hogs to eat.

However I’m pretty sure this particular hog has worked out that the food miraculously reappears if he goes off and comes back so it returns for second helpings an hour or so later! I know it is the same hog as it has a few distinctive features.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog