Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

270gr Hog, needs help?

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog 270gr Hog, needs help?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Came home from walking the dogs today and found a small hog asleep/sitting in the sun in the middle of my front garden oblivious to cars/lawn mowers/dogs running around.

Brought it in and it wasn’t active. It’s weight is 270gr but after some food and water is desperate to get out of the box it’s in. Seems in alright state but I’m still worried about the weight especially as it’s quite cold in north east England?

Opinions please? Let it go or try a rescue tomorrow?

Thanks!

Hi-
    Ring BHPS as soon as possible on 01584 890801. They will give you a carer in your area. Contact the carer for further advice. Check out below for some tips
    https://www.britishhedgehogs.org.uk/found-a-hedgehog/
    Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Am going to ring my local career tomorrow. I’ve rescued a couple before but those have had obvious injuries. This one seems fine now and kicking off about being contained, but 270gr seems too small for this time of the year!

yes, it does seem small but hopefully your carer will be able to guide you with the best course of action.
    Well done on helping the little baby and I am keeping everything crossed for a good outcome.
    Keep us posted

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog