Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

4 regular visitors

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings 4 regular visitors

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

We have 4 regular hedgehog visitors each night, as well as a fox. The hedgehogs seem to ignore the wet cat food and leave it for the fox πŸ™‚ I’ve also seen them side by side with the fox eating the wet food and the hedgehogs eating the biscuits πŸ™‚ Though they seem to eat the wet food in the feeding station.
    My neighbours have also started feeding the hedgehogs. My neighbour also replaced some of the fence panels this week that had developed holes which the hedgehogs were using to good effect, and he’s added a hedgehog highway hole into one of the panels πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Success πŸ™‚

Nic

Hi bramleyb

Well done spreading the word about hog holes! Brilliant news.

Also good news that you have 4 hedgehogs visiting. If you are able, I would try to discourage the hogs and the fox eating side by side. Maybe put the wet food further away. Hopefully things go well, but remember that foxes are predators and some (although seemingly not all) do turn on hedgehogs. The hedgehogs are more vulnerable when they’re eating and may not be able to roll up soon enough if the fox is closeby and they are lulled into a false sense of security.

That’s really useful your neighbours feeding the hedgehogs, too. Less worry if you ever go away for a while!

I hope all goes well with the hedgehogs. Happy hog watching!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog