Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

70 mph gusts and hail but hedgies still around !

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings 70 mph gusts and hail but hedgies still around !

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Well I am astonished. Down here we had at least 70 mph gusts plus hailstorms last night and as I put food out I doubted if I’d have any takers in such awful weather.
    One big dish of biscuits under cover (lump of granite on top to keep the cover in place) and this morning just crumbs and several poo calling cards!
    How the hedgies managed to get to the food in such winds is unbelievable, the wind would have blown me over.
    Certainly a lesson learned to keep putting out food however bad the winter.

Nic

Hi daffydill

The hogs here were out and about too! Hardy little things. Their food was outside, too, scattered in the grass – neither of them seem to like going in hog boxes! I guess the wind isn’t as strong at ground level.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog