Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Advice on Relocation of Hog-House & Feeding Box

Home Forums Champions’ chat Advice on Relocation of Hog-House & Feeding Box

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Advice Please! I will be getting building work done, new path and paving. I need to relocate Harry’s hog-house & feeding box. I’m worried he won’t find them in the new location. WilAlso will the building works bother him when he visits at night? Thank you.

You can relocate his things In your garden, if his box is full of food he will find them, he will be fine at night just make sure he has access

Nic

Hi MarsBars

The hogs might find the building work disconcerting, especially to start with. It can depend on individual hogs. But hopefully they will eventually find the feed box. But what we feed the hogs is supplementary to what they find for themselves, so if they miss the food you offer for a short while, hopefully they’ll find some elsewhere and return to your garden once the work is completed.

You do, though, need to be very careful if there are any holes dug, to make sure that there is a way out for any hogs in case they fall in. You could use a plank of wood to make a temporary ramp for them. But also generally make sure there is nothing left around that they could get caught in. etc.

Good luck. I hope the work goes well and that the hogs will be there safe and well when it’s completed.

Thank you so much for the advice and care I need to take while building work progresses. Thankfully no holes as it is a new pathway and steps but I’ll keep an eye out and make sure he is not stuck or trapped anywhere. My fingers are crossed he’ll find his feeding box and hog house and carry on visiting. My trailcam will continue to capture his visits. Despite having only one eye he seems to be doing well. Fifteen years since I had Hedgehog in the garden then in 2020 Harry appeared! And each year since. Fingers crossed he continues and stays safe and the building work doesn’t scare him off. 🤞

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog