Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

All ready for the coming year.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings All ready for the coming year.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Job today was taking up and cleaning out the five houses and putting them back down with a little straw left over from last year. I used a disinfectant which is intended for bird feeders/boxes which I hope is ok for hogs.
    Had a busy spell last night and then fairly quiet, Harvey maybe is getting the message as he seemed less persistent last night. Video

Nic

Those poor hoglets – do they ever get a chance to eat anything?!

Sounds like you’ve been busy, cleaning out all those hog houses!

Hi-
    That must have been a job and a half!
    We only have one box but still inhabited so can’t clean yet.
    Most recently we mowed the lawn and the other half scattered grass cuttings near the box to decompose for insect life. That night the hedgehog took a lot of it in to build up his already very cosy home.
    I love the videos!

Having gone AWOL for a couple of weeks Harvey returned to the scene to pick up where he left off. I’m sure there is a twinkle in his eye.

Harvey’s back

After the earlier shenanigans (previous video) things continued to be a bit hectic around the area and got closer and closer to the camera, resulting in it being ‘re-positioned’ and finally knocked over. Still some interesting footage prior to that finale. Harvey vid part 2

Congratulations to Harvey- It’s true, if it first you don’t succeed , try and try again. It didn’t seem the female was that interested, maybe he just wore her down.
    Better get stocked up on food, looks like you will be king of the hoglets again this year.
    Is Harvey the main aggressor in the 2nd video? If so he must exhausted!
    Love the footage as always

Hi simbo66, I think it is Harvey but not completely sure as they are so close to the camera. Now he’s got the hang of things he’s on a bit of a roll !!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog