Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

All tangled up !

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings All tangled up !

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Nic

Fingers crossed for you and the hog, here too.

Keeping everything crossed for you and hedgehog

Awe! What a worry, Wishing you good luck!

Still no more sightings of him, the nap box hasn’t been used overnight but the hogs still pop in for a quick check to see what’s inside.

I will keep looking out for him but not very hopeful after a week.

Nic

Hi Gr8mums

Sorry to hear that. You’ve done your best, that’s all we can do.

Thank Nic.

Last two nights there has been three Hedgehogs in the garden , by their size and their behaviour together I’m certain they are the three hogs we have had visiting regularly. One large male with a light coloured spot on his right hand side, and two slightly smaller hogs who are happy to share space and food with each other. Whereas the big guy doesn’t like them around and pushes them away. This is how they usually interact.

I’d thought that the one with the netting/ string stuck on him was one of this three , but all three have nothing on them and look perfectly well . So who is the mystery hog with the netting !! Maybe he’s a bit of a rogue hog who only visits occasionally and roams further than the other three .
    He is a bit of a puzzle or, and I’m probably being a bit overly optimistic here , he is one of the three and someone else has helped him and removed the net he was tangled in !

Nic

Hi Gr8mums

I suppose it’s just possible it could have been one of those, although I would have thought it would take a while for the swelling to go down. But also possible someone else took it somwhere to get help and it’s still there.

The hog in your profile pic looks as if it has quite a dark skirt. Do any of the current visitors as well?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog