Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Alternative food

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Alternative food

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

The shop that I buy my Hedgehog food from isn’t a shop that I regularly visit, so I only shop there once a week or once a fortnight so when I run out of Hedgehog food its usually a few days before I buy anymore, so we don’t have any food out for the hogs for a few days. Now I know that it isn’t essential to be feeding them now and that they’ll survive a few days without any hedgehog food as it is only meant to be supplementary, but I have 2 dogs and we feed them Wainright’s Duck and Rice dog food like kibble, so my question is would the duck and rice food be okay as an alternative food for the hedgehogs when I don’t have any Hedgehog Food?

Thanks

You can feed dog or cat food. You don’t need to spend more on hedgehog food. The only thing with dog food is the pellets may be too big for a hog in which case you’ll need to break them up

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog