Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Any advice – newly occupied house.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Any advice – newly occupied house.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello.
    Our house has just been occupied for the first time overnightafter 2 months of visits.
    My question is shall I change anything now the house is occupied. For example I leave a little food in a bowl outside, this attracts 2-3 hogs. Should I continue this?

Nic

Hi Fergus1000

Brilliant news that you have a tenant in your hog house!

I would be inclined to gradually move the food away from the house. It’s really best to keep feeding and sleeping areas separate, so that if, say, a female was going to have her young there, she wouldn’t be disturbed by some rowdy males biffing each oher, just outside the door! Also food has the potential to attract predators. So I would just gradually move that away, so the hogs can still find it, to a new feeding area. I have my feeding area so that I can watch it easily from the house.

Good luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog