Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Asleep or deceased?

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Asleep or deceased?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello
    I’ve seen this little creature a few times now and although the position/condition hasn’t changed, I’m wondering if she is alive or has curled up and died. She is right along a footpath in the woodland where I walk my dog. Should I contact someone or leave her in peace?
    Worried
    Sleeping? hedgehog amongst leaves

Almost certainly dead if she’s lying out in the open.
    You could try gently touching her prickles on her back and if they start to respond then get help but it’s unlikely

Thanks Stef. I was afraid to disturb her by touching as she looks so peaceful. Will look out for her again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog