Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

At least 3

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

This is the first year that we have spotted hedgehogs in our garden. To start with we only saw one large piggy, then the next night two smaller ones. Then for weeks after that we only saw one of the smaller ones (Twiglet) I have given them names because it is easier to write (i am keeping a hedgehog diary) than the big one, ( Bounty) which I believe is female, the middle size one (Twiglet) which is the one that is a regular visitor and (Twix) one of the hoglet. Bounty and Twix have been seen in the garden together so I am assuming that it’s mum and baby. Put 2 hedgehog houses in the garden, and would welcome any advice on how to convince the hedgehog to take up residence.

Nic

Hi Jacqui24

Good news that you are getting hog visitors there – endlessly entertaining!

Re. the hog houses. The best thing to do is put a small amount of bedding in them – just to give the hogs the idea, but leave lots more suitable material, i.e. medium sized leaves, long grasses, hay, etc. nearby so that the hog can take them in should they so wish. But don’t be disappointed if they don’t move in for a while. Sometimes hogs move in quite quickly, but other times they won’t venture in until the hog houses have become part of the landscape.

Good luck. Hope you get some tenants soon.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog