Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Aylesbury – Nesting female?

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Aylesbury – Nesting female?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi All, my first posting here. Please can you advise?
    We’ve had hedgehogs in our garden for years but not seen any for the last 2, apart from 1 dead large male summer 2018 not from our house.
    This year we see droppings and have now been feeding, as have our neighbours what appears to be a smaller female.
    We both have nest boxes and I’ve a wildlife camera set up to record activity looking at the nest box in our garden.

For the last 2 nights we have no sightings of activity in or around either nest box apart from footage of activity between 6 am and 9am Monday 10th. it appears as though the hog is taken up home in our box.
    Would the lack of any sightings suggest that this could be a pregnant female who is in residence having young as the camera has been activity free since that Monday sighting and if this the case typically how long does the female stay house bound before emerging for food?

Thanks!

I guess it’s just a waiting game ?? Hope you see some Hoglets soon !!

Agree with S91KEY

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog