Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Baby Hedgies and Ticks

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Baby Hedgies and Ticks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

This year seems to have been particularly bad for ticks on the babies. I have had 2 pass away before I could get them to my wildlife carer and another 4 that are being treated. She says she has never seen so many ticks on the babies. Initially when I looked them over they only had a couple or so but when Carla had them she showed me a bowl with about 50 ticks albeit some were the size of a pinhead they had got off just one baby. So please be aware of this problem. I live in the South in Ringwood near the New Forest so don’t know if this is just our area or if others are having the same problem.

Was very interested to read your post as just taken an adult hedgehog into Vale who was out in the day time, flat out and covered in ticks. Lived in this house for 17 years with hogs visiting and never seen anything like this before. hope yours and mine make it

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog