Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Best cheapest Hedgehog feed per kg

Home Forums Champions’ chat Best cheapest Hedgehog feed per kg

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I started off buying hedgehog food like spikes £9.50 for 2.5kg

I’m now onto go cat kitten chicken biscuits £7.60 for 3.2kg…off Amazon

Anyone found anything cheaper to feed the hogs. I have about 15 wild hogs that come to feed so we are steaming through this stuff. I did try ferret food off eBay. But it’s kinda hard and stinky and I prefer to buy food that has some sort of branding and traceability to its contents.

Also considering wet cat food. For the little hedgehogs, as it’s coming up to winter. any recommendations for best value tins that other people have found the hogs enjoy

Not cheaper but formulated for hogs, Ark original dry food is about £3 kg. if you buy 10kg. Advantages are around here the cats aren’t interested in it, (I just leave it out in the open and only hogs go for it) and being dry it keeps for several days if you get a spell with less or no visitors. Also being dry you’re not paying for the added water although you can soak it for hoglets if you want.
    Sorry if it sounds like a pitch I have no affiliation but it works for me.

Thank you il try a large bag of this ark stuff and see how they get on. It’s very busy at the moment in the garden. Sometimes there’s 5 or so eating at once. Have to set up separate areas. So they can eat at the same time

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog