Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Best wildlife camera?

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Best wildlife camera?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have a Victure HC200 camera. It wasn’t very expensive, it works ok for me but can be a bit unpredictable. Sometimes I get videos of nothing happening but it does record sightings of the hedgehogs. I would like to get a second camera and am prepared to pay more now that I know there are animals to watch at night in my garden (I have also seen a fox and a stoat). Can anyone recommend a better camera than my basic model? Alcuza

Nic

Hi Alcuzza

I have had several cameras. Like you I started with cheap ones, but the first broke down, was replaced, broke down again. Then I had slightly more expensive ones (Konig) – slightly more reliable, but picture not the best. Unfortunately, the most reliable combined with best image seems to be the Bushnell one – but sadly the most expensive one! Can’t find the box at the moment but it says on the camera ‘trophy cam hd’. But there are loads of different ones which vary in price. Mine was one of the cheaper Bushnells, I think. It has the advantage that you can set it to only take night images, which is handy to avoid looking through loads of unwanted day images.

Mine is a Bushnell too! Like you I bought a cheaper one from Amazon and it was very unreliable and ate batteries like nothing on earth!! I then took advice from UK Wildlife Cameras and bought a Bushnell Trophy Cam Aggressor 24MP HD – Low Glow 119875C – needless to say more (much more ) expensive than the first but as justification it came as a birthday gift from by OH!! It’s worked well, much better on batteries and you can set it for nighttime recording only. There are cheaper Bushnells but they seem to be a brand you can trust.
    Only downside is I now have hundreds of video clips of hedgehogs not doing very much -mostly just running across the image or going into or out of the feeding station! I think I have about 20 clips of them doing something ‘interesting’ like biffing or rolling but – needless to say, I keep all of them!!
    Good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog