Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Buggy Crunch Hedgehog Food

Home Forums Champions’ chat Buggy Crunch Hedgehog Food

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi All. I’m thinking about ordering some of the RSPB’s buggy crunch hedgehog food but see it has had very mixed reviews. Has anyone had any personal experiences of feeding this to their hogs and if so how did it go?

Hi Hogmeister. I tried this last year and the hogs wouldn’t touch it. I know they are fickle so might try it again before I give it all to the magpies!

Hi YonderDave,

Thanks for this and I think I will stick with the Wild Things hog biscuits I have been feeding them which they like.

When I saw this product it seemed a more natural food being dried insects but when I started looking at the reviews it seemed that a lot of people, like you, were finding the hogs were turning their snouts up at this so again thanks for your comments,

Hopefully this years hogs will take a liking to it in your garden otherwise the magpies are in for a treat!

Hi Hogmeister
    . I have experimented with every retailed food item, provided homemade concoctions and 3 years later have found Vitakraft Premier Menu to be the most widely preferred.
    Good luck.

Hi Humphrey Boggle

Thanks for this. I have settled on Wild Things hedgehog food which they snuffle up quite happily along with a dish of water but note your suggestion in case they start turning their snouts up in the future!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog