Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Built a hog house but how do I know if they have been in.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Built a hog house but how do I know if they have been in.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I am trying to attract hedgehogs into my garden and have built a cosy house with a hedgehog size entrance.
    I have been putting a little pet food in the house to try and attract the hogs.
    I can see that something has been in and eaten the food but no sight of hedgehogs.
    The entrance is not big enough for cats etc but I don’t know if it maybe rats or mice.
    Without a night vision camera it’s difficult to know and I don’t want to feed the surplus rodent population.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Nic

Hi Ninja1

That’s brilliant that you have made a hog house!

You might want to try a footprint tunnel. I have never used one myself, but they sound quite fun and you would be able to see what else is going into the box too.

Further information and forward links:

https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/about-hedgehogs/tracks-and-signs/

Good luck.

The first sign I saw was leaves being pulled into the house, as well as the food being eaten that is.

They tend to be quite messy eaters too, I’ve found . So if the food is being scattered about a bit that might be a clue to hogs having visited (as well as their dropping being left ) .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog