Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Busy night on the camera

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Busy night on the camera

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Avatar photomoi.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Had 3 hogs visiting last night. All food eaten!! Bit of hissing and posturing at one stage.

moi

I too had lots of short videos from last night and early hours this morning. A Fox was mooching around too, at 4.30am.
    I have four nest boxes, all have residents atm, in fact there are two hogs in one larger box. So with these five, and a couple that visit through our fence , it gets quite busy.
    Still very cold at night here on the southeast coast, so they don’t hang around, or venture far from their nests. They seem to come out and feed at dusk/nightfall, then go back to bed, then surface again about 3am.
    I don’t blame them, it’s only 3 degrees in the night, very chilly for them I suppose, and not much natural food around yet.
    I feed in two feeding boxes, plus dishes dotted around the garden. Usually Ark in the dishes because cats don’t like it, but in the feed boxes, cat and kitten food, Spikes semi moist, and crunchy. Lots of dishes of drinking water too.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog