Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Cameras

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Cameras

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have three cameras using both trail & a security watching my nocturnal visitors. I use an HC200 (£60) which record good pictures and sound I’ve been looking for one that is similar to this but has wifi. The big advantage is ability to see what you’re looking at, no more guess work. So far unfortunately all I’ve found at a reasonable price has very little or no sound recording. Help

We’ve got some really cheap wifi cameras from Amazon. They are supposed to be indoor cameras (we got them to watch the cats if we were away) but as they have an infrared setting, they are proving very good for watching hogs.

The problem is distance of course. Luckily we have our hog house near the house.

We bought a trail cam through Amazon, but after a couple of weeks we had to return it as it developed a fault. And the app was awful.

Since then, we’ve bought a Bushnell trail cam (came from the US so had to wait for it). Trouble is we’ve not used it much, because the cheap wifi cameras are going such a good job. But I guess that will change after the weather turns bad.

We got our cameras from naturespyuk. We got bushnell and they are really good. The first camera we had developed a fault after almost a year and naturespy replaced it no problem. We then decided to get second camera and again got a bushnell, but a different model. After trying it out, we didn’t think had the correct range for filming hogs and sent naturespy some like for like pictures from the old and new cameras. They emailed back with diagrams drawn on our pics showing the difference in the range they capture and offered to swap the new one for one the same as our old one. Can’t fault naturespy for their great customer service and no quibble replacement. Both our cameras are still going strong after about 4 and 3 years. We had a cheap camera at first but it was pretty rubbish. Worth spending a bit more and I would 100% recommend naturespy to purchase from.

Sorry lve said bushnell above when it’s browning we’ve got. Got mixed up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog