Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Can someone Help me

Home Forums Champions’ chat Can someone Help me

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Avatar photoNic.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    We put the camera out last night and this morning we had 144 sitings of Rats going in the feeding station plus a couple of hedghogs coming, how do i deal with this if anyone could help.
    Lesley

Nic

Hi Lesley

Sorry to hear about the rats. Hopefully the 144 sightings were only one or at least a few rats making multiple visits. They sometimes nip in, grab some food and then cache it somewhere that feels safer for them and then go back for more – repeatedly.

We seem to have been hearing about a lot of rat problems on the Forum recently. So frustrating when we are all trying to help the hedgehogs! You might find something which helps in this topic which also includes a link to some other rat related topics: https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/forums/topic/help-ive-got-rats/

It’s good to hear that there were some hedgehogs present as well! Hopefully the hogs will turn up before all the food is eaten. They can be quite clever and may try turning up earlier. But also, some rats are put off by more hogs being around. So fingers crossed for ‘early bird’ hogs and also more of them!

Good luck and happy hog watching.

Thank you for that nic, sorry it was only a couple of rats but it set the camera of that many times it kept coming back, hogs turned up last night No sightings of rats last night, so may be they’ve gone some where else fingers crossed.

Just to let know it wasn’t a RAT but a mouse , weve had a trap out all week the only thing we’ve seen is a mouse.

Nic

Hi Lesley

That’s great news if it’s only a mouse. They don’t tend to eat a huge amount so I don’t worry too much about them. They can be quite fun to watch! They do tend to set the cameras off quite often, though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog