Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

CATwatch

Home Forums Champions’ chat CATwatch

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

RSPB recommend a sonic cat deterrent: CATwatch. They claim that hogs are indifferent to the noise this device makes. Does anyone have any personal experience of whether this device is likely to deter hedgehogs? I think it does have some effect on cats, but it’s a bit counter productive if it scares hogs as well. Any thoughts?

Hi Nihuges. I brought this from RSPB and it doesn’t deter hedgehogs. Had 4 hogs in garden tonight and there was a massive punch up…. I assume they were fighting over female …..one hh was off sight of camera.
    I’m not too sure I’m having much success with the deterent. One cat still boldly walks around the garden but doesn’t bother the hh. Another cat walks along the fences tops so I am wondering if this is due to the cat scarer. Hard to tell.battery ran out really fast, so I am saving up for a rechargeable kit and at the moment trying to remember to turn it off when I’m spending time in the garden. Happy to report no dead fledglings this year….so far!! I have digressed from your question.
    Conclusion…doesn’t deter hedgehogs.

The story about the hh punch up was just an example of the deterrent not putting the hedgehogs off. I get many hh visiting during the night (staying over etc) and walking past the deterrent regularly. It’s amazing that the sound doesn’t bother them…but there you go!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog